Jables

My Prime Though

Guess they are going back on this? Pretty shitty thing to do with no explanation.

Untitled.png

8 minutes ago, Jables said:

Guess they are going back on this? Pretty shitty thing to do with no explanation.

Eh. I think most people realize that the server needs to be funded somehow. Our current playerbase mostly consists of Aurora veterans who already purchased prime. If we grandfathered prime for those people and switched to a monthly subscription the server would likely be shut down due to a lack of funds.

Plus, some may consider this version of Aurora a completely new server. This would invalidate any previous donations.

That does not in any way negate what the purchase states???
At the very least there could of been some sort of statement about this?
Or Divine could of answered my two messages I sent a week ago?
Or you could of at the very least, even if you wanted to welch on the promise made at purchase, given the previous donators four free months to equate to what was already spent?

12 minutes ago, Jables said:

That does not in any way negate what the purchase states???

It doesn't at all. I was just attempting to give an explanation of why prime wasn't grandfathered.

14 minutes ago, Jables said:

At the very least there could of been some sort of statement about this?

I can agree with this.

15 minutes ago, Jables said:

Or you could of at the very least, even if you wanted to welch on the promise made at purchase, given the previous donators four free months to equate to what was already spent?

Going back to the first point I made, the server doesn't have enough money in its current state make it 4 months with little to no donation revenue.

I understand why you are angry about this. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to remedy the situation. The decision has been made by Divine and nobody except him can do anything to change it.

On 8/19/2018 at 2:57 AM, Cats said:

Eh. I think most people realize that the server needs to be funded somehow. Our current playerbase mostly consists of Aurora veterans who already purchased prime. If we grandfathered prime for those people and switched to a monthly subscription the server would likely be shut down due to a lack of funds.

Easy for you to say.